Home Help Search Login Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LW Importer 0.98 (Read 2408 times)
albinklein
Ex Member

LW Importer 0.98
07/21/07 at 19:08:59

It worked perfectly until today, now I get this error no matter what I choose....

"Line 1322, invalid object method writedata()"

Lw 9.2, winxp

And I was using it for a project I am working on now...HEEEELPPPPP.....anyway I am loading all manual but it's really cool to change from the library and see it almost doing nothing.. ;-P

Cheers:

-AK

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Re: LW Importer 0.98
Reply #1 - 07/22/07 at 04:48:27

ermmm... at this point it's trying to save a new Background Ball. By default it will try to put it in your content dir/objects, but if it can't find it you should be asked for another spot.

Several scenarios are possible, why it cannot save it:
- Your content dir is writeprotected or inaccessible
- You have just run out of diskspace
- The last object you've loaded is coming from out of your content dir (9.2 has added some strange behaviour regarding content management - when an object comes from somewhere else, it tries to be extra smart and redirects the objects directory - in this case eventually to something that it cannot write to)

What you could do:
- watch the status message on the bottom of the Layout window and notice the path it tries to save the ball object to.
- you can also try setting your content dir to something entirely invalid before running the script, forcing it to ask you for a place to save the ball.
- or load in an object that is definetely coming from the right content dir.

Let me know if some of this worked. So I can pin down th eproblem further and fix it in a future version...

Blochi

IP Logged

albinklein
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/23/07 at 19:59:21

Thnx and sorry for my late reply...I will try that but I am in the middle of a project now....

But the funny thing is that it does it even if it's an empty scene...so... :-s

Thnxs again and will post what I get from the test...

-AK

IP Logged

Blochi
Administrator

Hollywood
Reply #3 - 07/26/07 at 05:41:12

Try the latest version, it might be fixed. I cannot really tell, because I never got that error, so I am pretty mich tapping in the dark. I tried to make the background ball saving a bit more fail-safe, and in any case it should fail gracefully at least  Undecided

Get version 0.99:  http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/downloads/sibl-loader_lightwave.zip

and tell me if that fixes it for you.
Otherwise I am running out of version numbers...

Blochi

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print